Regenerative Injection Diet Overview
This diet regimen is essential for a return to eating a healthy, whole foods diet and get out of the processed, sugar filled standard American diet. Always try your best to consume organic vegetables, meats and fruits because this will limit exposure to inflammatory pesticides, herbicides and toxicants in non-organic meats. The regenerative injection diet is a modified version of the Mediterranean diet with an extra emphasis on low sugar, low carbohydrates, and lots of anti-inflammatory fats and oils. This diet will provide optimal healing to your body and assist in creating an environment that is friendly to stem cell growth, recruitment, and regeneration.
Eat a variety of vegetables each day in various colors (eat the rainbow). Steaming is always a good option as it has high utilization of vitamins, minerals, and polyphenols, which will help rest and restore the lining of the GI system.
– Eat as many as possible. No canned vegetables.
– Aim for 5-7 servings minimal per day. The more the better.
– 1 cup or less cooked grains per day
– Allowed grains are: millet, basmati or brown rice, amaranth, oatmeal, barley, buckwheat, rye and teff.
– No grains with Gluten
– Eat a variety of the following legumes that you are able to tolerate: split peas, lentils, kidney beans, pinto beans, garbanzo beans.
Nuts / Seeds:
-Small amounts of nuts and nut butters are acceptable. Eat a variety including: almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, soy nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds. These make great snacks in between meals or as a healthy protein addition to main courses.
– Wild caught deep-sea fish (salmon, halibut, cod, sardines, tuna, mackerel) are preferred – no shellfish.
– The fish should be poached, baked, steamed, or broiled.
Chicken / Turkey
– Eat only the meat and do not eat the skin. The free-range or organically raised chicken should be baked, broiled, or steamed.
– Organic, grass fed beef. Contains beneficial sources of omega-3’s.
– Eat 2-3 pieces of fruit per day. Organic is preferable
– Berries would be the best.
– Absolutely no sugar
– Stevia or xylitol can be used sparingly.
– Avoid sweetened drinks such as soda completely
-Kind Bars (5 grams of sugar or less)
-Jerky (5 grams of sugar or less)
Oils / Butter
– Organic Grass Fed Butter with low heat
– Use organic extra virgin olive oil for low heat cooking or with vegetables and salads.
– Use coconut oil for pan cooking and high heat cooking.
Spices / Herbs
– Unlimited amounts of: Turmeric, Curry powder, Ginger, Garlic, Onions, Chili Peppers, Basil, Cinnamon, Rosemary, and Thyme
– Limit addition of salt
– Avoid cow’s milk. Use alternatives like coconut milk, almond, hemp milk.
– Cheeses should be avoided if possible. Goat cheese is acceptable.
– 1 serving of fermented foods a day is recommended.
– Examples: Sauerkraut, Kimchi, Kombucha, Yogurt (make sure its Grass Fed and 5 grams or less of Sugar)
– Bone Broth: Chicken or Beef. Have 1 cup per day after injections or when feeling ill. Organic bone broth is preferred.
For this Diet, Please AVOID
– Wheat products including breads, pasta, and couscous
– Corn products including anything with corn syrup like high fructose corn syrup
– Coffee in excess of 2 cups per day. 1 cup black coffee is fine.
– Alcohol, with the exception of 1 glass organic red wine. (resveratrol!)
– Sugar, and all sweeteners excepted as listed above.
– Fried foods.
– All processed foods and partially hydrogenated oils.
– Starchy vegetables and high glycemic vegetables