Will Microneedling With PRP Give Permanent Results?
Microneedling is an excellent way to improve a host of skin problems. You must, though, stick to taking proper care of your skin, using medical-grade cosmetics, and going in for a maintenance procedure at least every three months, just as you will for diet and exercise. Any kind of sun penetration is harmful and can resurface hyperpigmented patches. Often wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 50 or higher, reapply if you're out in the sun, and cover up with a large hat.
Microneedling improves the appearance of the wound by encouraging the body to produce collagen, which fills in the scarred regions. At least four micro-needling therapies with PRP are recommended. Your skin will noticeably improve. Your old wounds may not reappear, but if you don't take care of them, the normal aging process will win out. Experts recommend 4-6 micro-needling treatments with PRP, followed by maintenance treatments every 3-6 months.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a therapy that is tailored to the individual needs of each patient. The patient's blood is drawn and treated to distinguish platelets, which are responsible for blood clotting, from other blood components such as red cells. Following the completion of the procedure, the patient's platelets are added topically to the treatment area using the micro needling SkinPen.
This treatment does not prevent the normal aging process and initial treatments need to follow-up maintenance to ensure effectiveness. Though the results may not be permanent, persons who have undergone this treatment can do something by taking care of themselves to make sure that results will not easily fade away. Here are a few points to keep in mind about what to use and what to do after receiving PRP micro needling therapy.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. Wear big hats and use sunscreen with SPF 50 or higher. In general, for the first two weeks after micro-needling, you can wear sunscreen all the time. In the days after the procedure, wear sunscreen if you step outdoors.
- Avoid drinking alcohol,
- In the 24 hours following micro-needling, avoid applying makeup, particularly with a makeup brush that has been used previously.
- To protect your freshly treated skin, avoid swimming pools, saunas, and conditions where you might sweat profusely, such as vigorous exercises at the gym.
- Refrain from using any skincare product that uses harsh chemicals to exfoliate for the first few days following the micro-needling treatment. Avoid scented products, as well as glycolic acid and alpha-hydroxy acids.
- Since micro-needling, retinol A and vitamin C serum should be stopped for at least 48 hours. If you use products with solid anti-aging formulas, you may want to progressively incorporate products back into your everyday makeup routine instead of following your normal regimen after two full days have passed.
- Be sure all cleansers, toners, or scrubs you want to use in the two or three days after micro-needling are approved by your supplier to ensure the ingredients won't exacerbate side effects.
- Hyaluronic acid can be used following micro-needling, and it’s even recommended in some cases to help stimulate collagen production after your procedure.
- If your skin feels dry after micro-needling, you can use coconut oil as an exfoliant to seal in moisture and hydrate your face. Dry skin can also be cleaned with diluted, alcohol-free witch hazel. Use soft, fresh products that you're already acquainted with.
- Make sure that anything that will touch your face is clean, may it be makeup brushes or sponges.
- Never scrub your face.
Are you Interested in Learning More About Microneedling with PRP in Gilbert, Arizona?
Atlas Health Medical Group in Gilbert, Arizona specializes in providing Naturopathic / Functional Medicine and microneedling with PRP treatment protocols to the East Valley including Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, San Tan, and Queen Creek. The benefits of microneedling are quite impressive and occur fairly quickly after treatment. The skin will be somewhat inflamed or pink for around a week, however, it will appear more radiant from the initial skin response. After the swelling subsides, the body will produce more collagen in the affected area for up to six months after the treatment. This will lead to softer, firmer skin, and a reduction in wrinkles, a decrease in acne and acne scarring, a reduction in pore size, a reduction in hyperpigmentation and sun damage, and reduced size and appearance of scars and stretch marks. We pride ourselves on setting the standards of patient care and result-driven treatments so our patients return to health and live the life they intended. Contact us today for your first appointment!