10 Reasons Why Your Next Trip Needs to be Gilbert, Arizona
Gilbert is a city in southeastern Arizona. This small town has so much to offer and once you visit, you'll understand why it's such a popular destination. Whether you're looking for an escape from the heat or just want to explore what this quaint little town has to offer, Gilbert may be your next stop! After spending some time on vacation, you will be convinced that there are 10 reasons why your next trip needs to be in Gilbert, Arizona.
- It's a cool place to visit during the summer
- Plenty of sunshine
- Cutest little town in Arizona
- Diverse activities
- Great for kids, students, and families
Arizona’s Best Kept Secret
Gilbert, Arizona is a charming place to visit that's also a best-kept secret and will surprise you with its modernity. When you visit it for the first time, You will be surprised by this small-town feel because Gilbert seems progressive and historic at once. Downtown reminds travelers of something from an old movie due to iconic signage and storefronts, reminiscent of a simpler era when things like cars were still new inventions!
The Hay Capital Of The World
Gilbert has grown so much that it's become one of Phoenix's best suburbs with plenty to do for all sorts! Gilbert was once called the "Hay Shipping Capital" because it had a lot of farming communities and now houses over 300,000 people. Let's take a look at some of Gilbert's greatest attractions.
Here are the 10 Reasons Why Your Next Trip Needs to be in Gilbert, Arizona:
1.Experience the Heritage District
The Heritage District located downtown is known by locals as one of Gilbert’s most unique places to be! With a collection that surpasses over 35 different restaurants combined, this neighborhood offers something for everyone from local favorites where you can enjoy wine on their patio while catching up with friends after work!
- The new town is a great place to enjoy the best of both worlds with all the hustle and bustle of a city and all the peace you could ever want for your country home
- Here, it's easy to find just what fits your need whether you're looking for a mall or more outdoor activities like hiking
- Gilbert offers something for everyone at every level because it's an amazing place that has been "hiding in plain sight".
2. Check out the Heritage Square pop-jet fountain on a hot summer day.
The Gilbert Water Tower is one of the most notable landmarks in town, sitting next to an adobe pump house that was also used as a jail back when it was built. The 230-foot tower stored water for firefighting and drinking until 1985 when residents started relying more on their private wells than public sources like this one.
3. Craft beers and brews are the perfect thirst-quenchers for any day of the
If you want to taste the best of Arizona's craft brews, head on out into Gilbert and ask your server what local beers are available. You'll find breweries all over town that will give any beer snob a run for their money! If you're looking for something sweeter with dessert, feel free to indulge in delicious dessert flavors at most full-service restaurants in town. Here's just a few that might interest you:
- Arizona Wilderness is not afraid to try new things. They tap a different ale from their craft brewery every Thursday night, and they have some year-round standard brews as well! It’s interesting how much care goes into using local ag products in the brewing process.
- OHSO is a new, dog-friendly spot in the Heritage District. The restaurant has some fantastic brunch options, and they also have their distillery where you can grab drinks at night.
- 12 West Brewing Co. is a brewery that has recreated the old-fashioned, small-town feel of Barnone with their 10 barrel brewing system and unique beers like "Suh Dude" or "Shwifty" that will have you wondering if they were drinking when naming them!
- At Flying Basset Brewing, it's all about the beers. If you're looking for a flavorful beer with notes of citrus and caramel, check out their flagship product - "Flying Basset Copper Ale." It'll be worth your while!
4. See the best live shows in town at Hale Centre Theatre
You can watch live shows at the Hale Centre Theatre! From plays to music concerts and comedy nights. Watch a show with your best friends for an unforgettable time or enjoy one by yourself in peace as you get lost in another world on stage.
5. Visit Saint Anne’s Catholic Parish
The Catholic Parish of Saint Anne’s in Gilbert, Arizona has a capacity for 70 worshipers but it is one of the largest registered congregations and still growing. Started as just an ordinary church with volunteers building it in 1936; renovated into a 220-seater temple financed by charity funds from around 80,000 USD to support parishioners during World War II. The lovely altar and façade provide a perfect venue for celebrations like weddings under the Catholic faith.
6. It is time to get back on the farm and grow your food!
Known as the “Hay Capital of the World” in its hay-producing heyday, Gilbert still embraces and celebrates this agricultural heritage. The city is home to urban farms where locals can get their hands dirty while harvesting fruits and vegetables or learning about sustainable living practices. Just some include:
- The Gilbert Farmers Market is a Mecca for fresh produce, handcrafted food items, and local artisans. You can get up close with them all if you're feeling adventurous enough to visit the market every Saturday - all year long!
- Mother Nature's Farm is a destination that offers fun activities for the whole family. There are hayrides, visits with animals like pigs and ducks, festive Christmas trees in December during the holiday season. pumpkin patches in October to get your fall fixings before Thanksgiving dinner. They provide great opportunities for families to have quality time together without having to leave town!
- The Farm at Agritopia — for those that love organic produce, Agritopia is the place to be! Guests can pick up fresh food from their self-serve store or stop by one of 20 local restaurants for a taste.
7. Take a tour of the Gilbert Arizona Temple.
The Gilbert Arizona Temple is a place of refuge for worshipers in the area. The ivory exterior features beautiful details and lovely crafted glass windows, capped by its single spire topped with an angel statue made from gold leaf. Explore the surrounding temple grounds flanked on both sides with well-tended gardens featuring ponds that are adorned by fountains - it feels like you're going to heaven!
8. Gilbert Historical Museum is worth a visit.
The Gilbert Historical Museum was originally a school in 1913. The museum is registered as a National Historic Place and has nine rooms of exhibits that are dedicated to the history of Arizona’s involvement in World War II, including memorabilia from past residents and citizens for those who live there now. It's an excellent place to bring your children or friends so they can learn more about this state's heritage!
9. Go for a morning bike ride at the Gilbert Central Trail System.
Gilbert, Arizona is a city of adventurers and athletes. There are endless outdoor activities to do in Gilbert ranging from cycling on the 54-mile long Central Trail System - which has earned its reputation as "bicycle-friendly" - to horseback riding at any one of the equestrian tracks that parallel these trails for miles through town.
The three trail systems-- The Marathon, Santan Vista, and Heritage Trails--run northward or southwards alongside canals connecting parks throughout this great community with all sorts of entertaining features like pocket parks filled with vibrant flora and fauna restaurants along scenic canal banks where you can grab some refreshments before heading back out into nature's beauty again!
10. You'll never run out of places to eat.
Gilbert residents love their food. It’s easy to create a Gilbert Food Tour out of the dozens of local restaurants dotting downtown streets in the Heritage District.
- Joe’s Real BBQ. This restaurant is a casual, relaxed place to eat with traditional pulled pork ribs and chopped brisket smoked over pecan wood. It has been around since 1929 in Arizona's golden age of agriculture--a brick building that exudes an ambiance like no other! Be sure to order Joe’s signature cobbler dessert!
- Oregano’s is one of Arizona's best Italian joints that has a massive variety in its menu. From pasta, pizza, and the must-have dessert cookie: "Pizza Cookie".
- Postino Winecafe, a favorite among Valley residents for its indulgent $20 special: a bottle of wine and a plate of bruschetta. Monday nights are the best time to enjoy this combination from 8 pm onward!
- Barrio Queen, where you can see your dinner being made with a taste of Mexican flair. You'll enjoy tableside guacamole and tacos from the grill as well as enchiladas and burritos that are served hot off the stovetop!
- Clever Koi is the perfect location for a fulfilling and authentic Asian-inspired meal. They have an extensive menu with options ranging from vegan pad thai to Korean fried chicken, catering to all different tastes!
With an astonishingly strong sense of community and rich heritage, Gilbert is the perfect place to visit. If you’re looking for somewhere new that can offer great food, live music, and exciting art happenings while still maintaining its small-town charm then this should be your next destination. Come join us in Gilbert Arizona!
- The Arizona Boardwalk - Home of America's Most Thrilling Ride!
- Arizona Falls: Nature's Timeless Charm
- The Rose Garden At MCC
- Chandler Museum
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Arizona
- Butterfly Wonderland
- The Science of Ripley’s Believe it or Not!
- Desert Breeze Railroad
- Dobbins Lookout
All of these wonderful attractions are located just a short distance from our offices located at 1447 West Elliot Road #103 in Gilbert! Stop by for a visit anytime!