Gilbert, AZ Park Safety Tips
Heading To a Park in Gilbert, Arizona? Take an active part in protecting yourself through these park safety tips:
- Be Conscious Always
- At all times, stay alert - pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be conscious of your surroundings and the individuals around you.
- Don't be afraid of receiving the attention and assistance of others.
- Before an assault begins, take action to distance yourself from the situation.
- Get a plan
- Visualize what, if challenged, you will do (run away and yell).
- Bring a smartphone and have it ready for use.
- Let it go if you've snatched your wallet.
- Have a partner - in numbers, there is protection.
- Trust your intuition - if in any situation you feel insecure, leave.
- Bring a whistle - don't be afraid of using it to offend anyone.
Feeling Unsafe? First Call the Police
- First, call the police.
- Report ANY suspicious activity.
- Hours in the park: 5:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Things Prohibited in Parks:
- Possession or intake of alcohol
- From littering
- Containers of Glass
- Golfing Golf
- Interference with areas of reserved use
- Facility misuse / Destructive conduct
- Irrational noise
- Petting zoo and rides for ponies
- Motorised cars (unless permitted)
- In pools, swimming, diving, or wading
- Balloons of hot air
- Solicitation of handbills or posting
- Sliding cardboard or water, ice blocking or the use of other sliding materials
- Hazardous acts such as archery, firearms use, fireworks,
- Barbecue except in designated areas (existing grills or ramadas/trees 10ft away)
- Parking in areas not marked as spots for parking
- Usage of a park area which has been classified as closed
Here are the pet requirements:
- Physical-leash dogs
- Horses on designated paths for multiple use only
- After all animals, must clean up.
- Arizona State Leash Law
- Gilbert Code: Section 6 – Division 2- Dogs
- Sec. 6-60. Running at large.
- Sec. 6-61. Liability of owners.
- Sec. 6-62. Disposal of fecal matter.
Necessary permits For:
- Organized practice in the area, courses, supervised fitness or commercial activities
- Special equipment, including inflatable structures but not limited to them
- Sale of products or services (food, beverages, etc.)
Laws on the Ball Fields:
- It is forbidden to climb on or over fences.
- Soft Toss" is not permitted against the fence."
- It is not acceptable to strike against the fence.
- No vehicles are permitted on the fields.
- It will not permit unsportsmanlike conduct, combat, foul language.
- Using only the existing base distance
- Throwing down bases can be used only on dirt infields
Gilbert, Arizona is blessed with so many amazing parks you don’t want to miss in :
- Gilbert Regional Park
- Freestone Park
- Crossroads Veteran's Park
- Water Tower Plaza
- John Allen Park
- Nichols Park
- Discovery Park
- Zanjero Park
- Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our offices located at 1447 West Elliot Road #103 in Gilbert! Stop by for a visit anytime!