What Activities Can You Do After Your PRP Injection?
The best way to get the most out of your injection is to exercise. Studies have shown that people who exercise after an injection experience more relief than those who do not. This means you should be able to enjoy many activities again, such as playing with your kids or gardening, while getting back on the horse and returning to work at a reduced pace. It's also important for you to maintain normal daily functions in order for your PRP injection therapy to be effective and produce long-term results. You may find it helpful to take some time off from work if possible so that you can rest and heal during this critical period in which your body will need time for repair.
PRP Treatment For Face
PRP treatment is the latest in beauty treatments, and it's been dubbed "the new Botox." PRP stands for Platelet-Rich Plasma. Your own blood will be drawn and spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelets from other blood cells. The platelets are then injected into your skin with a needle to stimulate collagen growth.
This process has been clinically proven to reduce wrinkles, tighten loose skin, improve acne scarring as well as dark circles under the eyes which can lead to more youthful-looking skin without any downtime!
HOW DOES PRP REJUVENATE THE SKIN?
The skin is the largest organ in our body and it's also one of the most important. It protects us from bacteria, regulates our temperature, and helps to control sweat production. Unfortunately, as we age, the natural production of elastin (a protein that holds skin cells together) slows down which causes wrinkles and lines to form on our faces. PRP rejuvenates the skin by stimulating your own collagen production which may help maintain a youthful appearance for many years to come!
HOW DOES PRP TREATMENT FOR SKIN REJUVENATION DIFFER FROM FILLERS OR OTHER INJECTIONS?
Ever wonder what the difference is between fillers and PRP treatments for skin rejuvenation? Fillers are temporary, whereas PRP treatments offer a long-term solution. Fillers do not actually regenerate new tissue as PRP does. In fact, fillers can be dangerous if used in the wrong areas of your face. With that being said, you should always consult with your dermatologist before undergoing any type of treatment to make sure it's safe for you! That way, you know that you're making an informed decision.
- Lines and skin folds are a common sight on tired skin, especially around the mouth area or plump lips. These are filled by the solid materials of Hyaluronic acid fillers, namely Restylane and Juvederm. These fillers can go on from 6-18 months and are to be redone after a certain period of time given by the doctor concerned.
- PRP enables the collagen grown by the body and stimulates it to engineer total facial rejuvenation instead of focusing on one wrinkle at a time. It is also used to stabilize the faces which look tired, aids in filling up hollowed cheeks, skin tone improvisation, making the skin tight and smooth, and fill in the skin areas which the hyaluronic acid either cannot fill either due to lack of reach or reactionary issues
- PRP treatment for skin can be done in tandem with Hyaluronic fillers like Restylane and Juvederm. These are two kinds of treatments that complete each other in order to aid the patient in achieving a much younger face. What fillers cannot do is done by the PRP treatment, e.g. Fillers help in removing lines and folds and PRP focuses on volumizing the face and enhances the skin tone. PRP also improves the texture of the skin and makes it smooth
PRECAUTIONS FOR PRP TREATMENT FOR SKIN REJUVENATION
While PRP treatment engineers the total facial rejuvenation, there are certain checks which are to be made during and after the treatment.
- Patient’s faces are to be iced once the treatment is done to prevent any bruises or burns inflicted at the areas where the injections have been implemented
- While any irritation or swelling is only temporary, icing helps in reducing the chances of such events
- Those who have sensitive skin should have a session with the doctors to iron out any side effects before, during, or after the treatment
- Sensitive or not, PRP treatment involves micro-needling procedures which can inflict swelling and may even cause infection. Hence, it is necessary to have ample breaks between the treatments to give sufficient self-healing time to skin
- Avoid taking any other pills/drugs without prescription for at least 7-20 days post-treatment and always keep your doctor informed about it
- Avoid doing any heavy work either at work or at home. It would be best to take a day off for a couple of days post-treatment is done
After you've had a PRP injection, the list of activities that will make your legs feel better is long. You can do everything from getting up and walking to taking an ice bath or stretching out on the couch. The key is keeping your body moving so it has less time to stiffen back up again. Hopefully, this post has helped you understand the benefits of PRP and how to get it done. If you have any questions or want more information about these procedures, please contact us!
Do You Need a Naturopathic Doctor Specializing in PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy in Gilbert, Arizona?
Atlas Health Medical Group in Gilbert, Arizona specializes in providing Naturopathic / Functional Medicine to the East Valley including Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, San Tan, and Queen Creek. We specialize in innovative treatments such as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). Common sites of injury and pain are knees, shoulders, SI joint, hips, and elbows. At the site of injury, there is usually damage to tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. These areas are low in vascularity and thus do not receive much blood flow making them heal slowly. New research demonstrates Platelet Rich Plasma outperforms many standard treatments such as cortisone injections, hyaluronic acid injections, and even surgery in some select cases. When dealing with chronic pain, sports injuries, or degenerative joints do not settle for temporary band-aid fixes when regenerative medicine options such as PRP are now available Contact us today for your first appointment!