How to Find the Best IV Therapy Clinic in 5 Steps
IV Therapy is a type of treatment that involves delivering nutrients, vitamins, and minerals directly into the bloodstream. This can be done through a vein in the arm or via an IV drip. The IV therapy process allows these nutrients to bypass the digestive system and go directly to work in the body.
There are many benefits of IV therapy, including improved energy levels, decreased stress, and enhanced mental clarity. However, it’s important to find a reputable IV therapy clinic that can provide you with safe and effective treatments.
5 Steps to finding the best IV Therapy Clinic:
Do your research
The first step in finding a reputable IV therapy clinic is to do your research. You can start by asking for recommendations from friends or family members who have had IV therapy in the past. Once you have a few options, you can read online reviews and check out the clinic’s website to learn more about their services.
Consider your needs
When you’re considering different IV therapy clinics, it’s important to think about your specific needs. For example, if you’re looking for help with energy levels, you may want to find a clinic that specializes in vitamin B12 treatments. On the other hand, if you’re dealing with stress or anxiety, you may want to look for a clinic that offers relaxation-inducing IV treatments.
Ask about experience and credentials
Before you book an appointment, be sure to ask about the experience and credentials of the staff at the IV therapy clinic. You’ll want to choose a clinic that employs qualified and experienced professionals who are passionate about helping their patients feel their best.
Check out the clinic’s facilities
When you’re visiting a clinic, be sure to take a look at their facilities. The clinic should be clean and well-maintained, and all of the equipment should be up-to-date and properly functioning.
Feel comfortable with the clinic
Finally, it’s important to feel comfortable with the IV therapy clinic you choose. The staff should be friendly and welcoming, and you should feel confident that they can provide you with the best possible care.
IV Therapy can be an effective way to treat a variety of conditions, but it's important to do your
Types of IV Drips
IV injections, otherwise known as IV bolus, involve the rapid injection of a one-time dose of treatment into the vein, such as during medical emergencies.
IV infusions are used to administer treatment slowly but constantly over some time. It comes in two forms: (1) Drip infusion and (2) Pump infusion
Drip infusion, commonly known as drips, mainly utilizes gravity to deliver a constant amount of treatment over some time. It involves a fluid bag hung on a drip stand that is attached to your IV line. The fluid container holds all the treatment contents and the drip chamber is employed to count the rate of drips as well as to prevent air from entering the bloodstream. Drip rate refers to an estimation of the rate at which treatment is administered by counting the number of drops per minute. The roller clamp is used to adjust the drip-rate.
Pump infusion involves the attachment of a pump to your IV line to more precisely control the delivery of treatment into the body, over some time. Two kinds of pump infusions are syringe infusion pumps and volumetric pumps.
- Syringe infusion pumps involve pumps that control the rate of a push of a syringe’s plunger, hence controlling the rate of administration of treatment over some time.
- Volumetric pumps involve IV drips with the addition of pumps to better control the infusion rate.
Where to Get an IV
IV therapy is provided in several different settings, including:
- Hospitals: Many patients at hospitals undergo some type of IV therapy, typically in addition to some other kind of treatment. People treated with IV therapy at a hospital are either there for an emergency or as an inpatient.
- Urgent care centers: Urgent care centers can handle some more minor emergencies. For example, if you need stitches, you may opt to go to an urgent care center instead of a hospital emergency room. Urgent care centers are typically less expensive than hospitals. Depending on the reason for your visit, you may receive IV therapy at an urgent care center.
- Medical spas: Medical spas, commonly referred to as med spas, offer a wide array of treatments to choose from, ranging from traditional spa options like a massage to medical treatments like IV therapy. As a mix between a spa and a medical clinic, the staff is also a mix of non-healthcare and healthcare professionals. If you undergo an IV drip, a healthcare professional should administer the treatment.
- IV bars: IV bars, sometimes called IV lounges, are designed to offer different IV therapies. These locations are sometimes in a fixed location, while others operate as mobile units.
- At home: Concierge services, like Mobile IV Medics, come to you. Instead of traveling to another location, you can undergo IV therapy in the comfort of your own home.
Are You Looking For the Best IV Therapy Clinic in Gilbert, Arizona?
Atlas Health Medical Group in Gilbert, Arizona specializes in providing Naturopathic / Functional Medicine to the East Valley including Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, San Tan and Queen Creek. We proudly offer Nutrient IV therapy, which is when vitamins, electrolytes, and minerals are infused directly into the bloodstream intravenously. This allows the delivery of the nutrients to bypass the digestive tract and the liver for maximal absorption. IV Vitamin therapy greatly benefits athletes, patients with compromised GI and Immune systems as well as patients with low energy and excess stress. We pride ourselves on setting the standards of patient care and result-driven treatments so our patients can return to health and live the life they intended. Contact us today for your first appointment!