Fiat Tua Voluntas! (Will be done by thy will). They aim to keep Christ at the center of church life in St. Anne's Roman Catholic Parish. They are ever more joined as a group, together in our celebration of the Holy Eucharist, and in our devotion to our Blessed Mother.
The congregation of St. Anne is made up of families and individuals from different stages of their journey of faith who are committed to loving God and one another, whether by prayer, celebration of the sacraments, or just living life together beyond the walls of the church.
Inside St. Anne, there are numerous groups, as part of becoming the universal Church. St. Anne has in mind the common love for Christ that is shared by all Catholic cultures, be it our Byzantine or Latin-rite brothers, and invites others to participate entirely in the same church that Jesus himself left to his followers.
Whether it's young people and girls, those who are brand new to their religion, or those who have been part of the Church all their lives, it's really just a group devoted to each other and to having Christ at the core of all they do.
To learn more about St. Anne's Roman Catholic Parish and how you can become part of this community of faith, visit one of the links above!
Father Vincent Mastres celebrated the first Mass on November 22, in the tiny adobe mission church, located on 20 West Bruce Avenue, which he and a group of volunteers founded with a $3,000.00 donation from the Catholic Church Extension of Chicago, in 1936, when the small town of Gilbert, Arizona, was written up as the 'Alfalfa Hay Capital of the World,' The building was capable of housing seventy people and served in Chandler as a St. Mary's Parish mission. Sunday Mass was celebrated by Father Joseph Patterson, the administrator.
On October 22, 1943, with its own priest, Father Godfrey Fontaine, the mission became St. Anne's Parish. In 1948, Dominican Sisters from Michigan arrived and founded a kindergarten school through 4th Grade, which closed later in 1958. The old adobe church was torn down to be replaced by a 220-person capacity church that cost $80,000.00, funded by the Charity and Growth Appeal Fund, after being served by a series of faithful pastors for thirty-five years. Bishop Edward McCarthy dedicated it on August 1, 1971; Father Vincent Nevulis was the priest.
In 1985, at the new site on Elliot Road, Father Raul Morales initiated a building fund drive to create a church. On February 25, 1989, the first Mass in the new church took place and the temple was dedicated by Bishop Thomas O'Brien on April 30, 1989. This room is now, at present, known as the Parish Hall.
These amazing landmarks are just one of the many must-see sights you don’t want to miss in Gilbert, Arizona:
- Water Tower Plaza
- Southeast Regional Library
- Perry Library
- Gilbert Temple, Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day-saints
- Golfland Sunsplash
- Riparian Preserve At Water Ranch
- San Tan Mountain Regional Park
- Freestone Park
All of these wonderful landmarks are located just a short distance from our offices located at 1447 West Elliot Road #103 in Gilbert! Stop by for a visit anytime!